Not sure you're a Black Friday shopper?
I didn't used to be, either! But now that I work and live right HERE, I've come around. This is exactly where I want to be on this holiday weekend because it's laid back, it's fun and it's truly a local experience.
Will you take my Black Friday/Small Business Saturday challenge? Try this itinerary--I'm pretty sure you'll end the day smiling, feeling relaxed, and you'll have a whole lotta holiday shopping crossed off your list.
---Kristin, Co-Owner, Woonwinkel
Get FREE parking at Smart Park on SATURDAY or SUNDAY when you spend $50 or more at Woonwinkel. Bring your Smart Park ticket and we'll give you a coupon that's good for all day. Then meander on down the block to our favorite spots:
1. Boy's Fort A manly mix of gleeful treasures. And just really nice guys. Fri - Sat get 20% off of any Finex cast iron items. Enter a raffle that will benefit Our House (a non-profit that works to serve folks with HIV & AIDS). The raffle costs $1 to enter.
2. Finnegan's A good old fashioned toy store loved by downtown Portland for decades. Mention Little Boxes at checkout and receive a FREE mystery gift bag when you spend $25 or more!
3. Woonwinkel That's us!! We sure hope to see you this weekend!
Spend $50 to get $5 back and
a FREE PARKING voucher for Smart Park (Sat & Sun only)
+ holiday treats!!
Special Hours: 10am-7pm
4. Wildfang Streetwear for your inner tomboy, with a little sass on the side. 25% off the entire store 11/21-11/30. Black Friday: Migration Brewery Tastings 12pm-4pm. All Black Friday weekend: mimosas + donuts 10am-12pm.
6. Courier Coffee Their no-frills atmosphere means they put their money into REALLY great coffee.
7. West End Select Shop Edgy, emerging women's brands that satisfy my color craving. 25% off in store and online using code SMALLIDAY, 11/28-12/1
8. Maurice A light and lovely luncheonette. Perfect for a spot of tea and a pastry.
9. North of West A collab of 3 PDX designers I love. Celebrate their 5th anniversary with drinks, snacks and up to 30% off clothing.
10. Powell's City of Books A can't-miss city landmark. Take a tour on Sundays at 10am.
11. Pepe Le Moko A subterranean speakeasy. In case you really do need to escape the crowds.
12. Grassa Punk rock and pasta. My family's favorite eating spot.
13. Nong's Khao Man Gai Addictive chicken and rice dishes perfected in their former days as a food cart.
14. Shalom Ya'll Warm, convivial, and with food so good I sneak over for a nice meal by myself sometimes when my family's not lookin'. (Shhhhh!)
15. Multnomah Whiskey Library One of the coziest dens you can imagine for a little night cap.