You Are Your Best FriendChronicle Books
This book serves as an artful and loving reminder: it's OK to put yourself first.
We know self-care is important—after all, if we want to take care of others, we must first take care of ourselves—but what does that actually mean? You Are Your Best Friend offers thoughtful tips for navigating the inevitable pressures of your daily grind. From practical advice and fun activities to strategies that will completely change your mind-set, these uplifting messages will help you cultivate a more compassionate, empathetic, and fulfilling life. Each brief lesson is accompanied by a cheerful illustration in this cozy read. And don't worry, taking good care of yourself is easier than it sounds—a little self-love goes a long way.
- SELF-CARE IS VITAL: Studies have shown that prioritizing your own health and well-being makes you more successful in your life's endeavors and helps reduce stress, anxiety, and the negative effects those emotions can have on your job and relationships. The tips in this book will empower you to be a healthier, happier version of yourself.
- SELF-CARE IS EASY: With a little bit of guidance, it's easy to create your own self-care rituals. Author Anisa Makhoul offers an empathetic and straightforward guide to carving out time for you. Her hand-rendered, intimate illustrations invite you to bring more coziness and comfort to your everyday life.
- SELF-CARE IS FUN: These mantras and ideas are gifts you give yourself! Let Makhoul show you how to invite more joy and contentment into your daily routine.
- People who consciously practice self-care and those looking to get started
- All those who are champions for others but always put themselves last—and the people who love them!
Hardcover, 104 pages.
Written by Anisa Makhoul, an artist based in Portland, Oregon.